Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 14 - Kichijoji, Japan

Hello!!! We've had a good past few days as far as talking to people has gone. Sunday evening right before a baptism, we found a high school girl who is interested, we set up an appointment and are hoping that all will go well with that! Pray for her and us, that'll we'll be able to teach her what she needs to hear, she has such a light in her eye!

I figured I would take this time to send pictures and explain them....there are a lot, it's hard to pick and choose, so hopefully they all send. Oh and some spawn back to the MTC.

So this is me at the MTC with the gorgeous fall leaves. I love fall, it's my favorite season, and thankfully we got our temple walks back on one of the perfect days!

This was our last (i think) temple walk...I got to see snow before I left!!!!! Notice how I went through 3 different seasons while in the MTC...haha 3 months there will do that to you! The sisters are my roommates and I, Tehei shimai, Tanaka shimai, Maki shimai, Adams shimai and Lynch shimai

At the MTC they had a christmas tree with different countries nametags and flags, I found Japans!

This is Sister Utsumi and I at the Amemiya family's house. Amemiya shimai is an excellent cook and painter, she studied in France and Germany. I couldn't speak much Japanese to her, but I do know the language of cooking, so it was a lot of fun.

Utsumi Shimai and I! yes I am bending my knees quite a bit...

The Kichijoji and Suginami Missionaries along with an investigator, Joji, who will be baptized on the 15! our areas are so small and we meet in the same building we see each other basically everyday, either on the street or at the church. This was during the Suginami ward christmas party. As sisters we all wore red skirts, black tops, and a red flower in our hair. Gantomur shimai and I both got the same red skirt at the MTC and then I needed a long sleeve black shirt, so I borrowed one of hers, so we were wearing the exact same outfit...haha.

Someone left Christmas decorations outside our door one day, so this is Gantomur shimai and our decorated apartment!

Volunteering at a nursing home! We were making takoyaki, but instead of putting octopus inside we put caramel and chocolate...much better!

Me in front of the church with my bike on Christmas day! Thank you for the scarf, it's nice and warm!!!

You asked about the futons, so I thought I would add a picture :) they're actually quite comfortable! oh mine is the one with the red snowman pillow

Anyway I love you all and hope you have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Love you always and forever!
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment