Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 47 - Senzokuike, Japan

Hey there!

It was so good to read your emails this week! It's been a fast one, and well, it's nice to be having P-Day today! I'm sure this transfer though they're just going to start going by even faster! We had so many things going on, since Sister Yamada and I are both new, it's all about getting to know the wards, (but this is crazy, my freshman year roommate, Pica, her family is in my ward, her dad is the Bishop), and the investigators, so among having training for our training and preparing for training, it's been a busy week. We start heading out to different areas tonight, I'm excited, but it's going to be crazy, still carrying an area, but only really being in that area for about 3 days of the week! It'll be good! I've felt so much of the Spirit's guidance as we've been preparing, that I know this is something the Lord wants us to be doing here in the mission. Other than that things have been good, the first half of the week was brutally hot, probably the hottest of the summer by far, but on Friday it started raining and cooled down dramatically to a nice 70's temperature. Perfect weather.

Thanks for the pictures! Benne chips and Jon's Birthday! Two good things! How was your birthday Jon? did you do anything fun? and Kim is that your new apartment in the background? looks nice! I noticed the cake was gooey butter cake! Looked way good, and then I had the sad realization that now I'd probably have a hard time eating it... :( sad. It's weird, I've gotten so used to japanese food and snacks, american food is just way too sweet now... it's good, but I can only eat a little of it at a time!

Anyway I love you all!
And am so thankful for all of you!

Love you!
Sister Erin Benne

ps. yes I did feel the 6.8 earthquake. that one was strange, usually they build up, and then get stronger, but that one just seemed to hit all of a sudden.

No comments:

Post a Comment