Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 54 - Senzokuike, Japan

Well wasn't General Conference great?! So good, I'm so sad that it is over.... Now I just have to wait for the Liahona to come out with all the talks, so that I can read them all over again!
Crazy though, all the new temples being built, Elder Kikuchi (he's a member in my previous area Nakano) and President Samuelson being realeased from the 70! Who's going to be the next BYU President?
One more difficult thing about conference though is that you see a little bit of Salt Lake City and then a bit of American culture, and well, it makes me miss home a bit more. Quickly remedied though as we jump fully into the work this week. Sister Mano and I have decided to put in a power week, this week. Which means waking up early, taking only a half hour for lunch and dinner, and cutting P-day down to a shorter time, among other things. I'm positive we'll be exhausted come next P-day, but I know there will be a lot of miracles that follow it.
We have a baptism coming up this Saturday! I'm excited! Her name is Chou san, she's Chinese, so teaching her hasn't been the easiest thing, as we teach with Chinese pamphlets and from a Chinese Book of Mormon, and then communicate with all of our broken Japanese! But she's amazing and her faith is strong and she is so excited to be getting baptized. She is a huge blessing to me.
Other than that not too much exciting news...
Oh, I got a Halloween package from the Young Women in the O'Fallon Ward! That was so exciting! Will you thank them for me?! It was so thoughtful and I loved it!
Anyway, I hope you all have a good week! Love you all so much!
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment