Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 58 - Senzokuike, Japan

Well, Hello!

So transfers came and went and guess what for the first time on my mission I did not get a call! Yeah! Actually since it was Mano Shimai's first transfer, we basically knew we both wouldn't be getting one, almost ALWAYS a trainer and trainee are together for 2 transfers, but it's still exciting.
 
So Dad you googled Senzokuike? Yeah, I get to see that beautiful lake every single day. You really were actually looking at where I live my life basically everyday. The lake is about a 1 minute walk from the church, 3 minutes from our apartment, and right across from the train station. So we're there talking to people in the park all the time. Mano Shimai and I used to go running around it in the morning, too, until she sprained her ankle. (She's okay, but running is still a little out of the question at the moment.) I've heard it's absolutely gorgeous during cherryblossom season!
 
Not much else new to report, but I've been thinking a lot about a quote I got back in the MTC. It's by H.D. Thoreau and he said, "As if you could kill time without injurying eternity." It's become a favorite quote of mine, as I've realized how true it is. The time we have right now here on this earth is too precious to be wasting. We have to go out and do things, be proactive in accomplishing our highest priorities in life. We can't just sit around wasting time expecting things to fix themselves or something to occur that will change the course of our lives. I guarantee those things will happen over time, but it is according to what we do that effects the earthly and eternal outcome, whether it be good or bad or whether we be injurying ourselves or the lives of others by omission. Everything in this life ties to our reward in the life to come. It's a good quote. Think about it.
 
Love you all so much!
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment