Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 67 - Senzokuike, Japan

Hello Family!
Good to hear from you this week!  It's funny, while I know time is passing here, I forget that other people's lives continue on. I'm realizing that slowly; so much has changed, but that is okay, because in order for us to grow, things have to change...so it just means all of you have grown and learned so much!
Today, we had a ward activity where we made mochi. Mochi is a traditional Japanese food really only eaten around New Year's. Basically it is pounded up rice; gooey, and good. I think I sent some pictures last year of me in Kichijoji making mochi. It's fun, Jon, I feel you would be very good at it. It takes a lot of strength, and you can buy mochi at the store, so people don't make it too often on their own anymore.
By the way Jon, one of the members here, I guess found me on facebook and was looking at your pictures and he came up to me and he was like, "Sister Benne, your brother is cool!" haha it was really funny, especially since I didn't know he even knew I had a brother! I can't believe you'll be graduating in April, what kind of planes are you up to flying now? Will you do any commercial size planes before you graduate?
Anyway, I don't really have much else to say... but thank you for all the support you give me! I love you all so much!
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment