Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 38 - Nakano, Japan

My Wonderful Family,

Well, one week down in Nakano! Bah! haha, it's been good, just getting used to a new area. My companion' name is Sister Laird...an American, that NEVER happens in the Japan Tokyo Mission for sister missionaries, ever! It's been so much fun though! And there have been so many miracles, I can't believe it. We've been finding people everywhere as we're streeting and talking to everyone. It's insane! It's still hard, but seeing the goodness of God, makes everything else not matter!

We had a Mission Conference yesterday...it was so good, we watched a video of all of us leaving Tokyo, coming back, and then serving up in Sendai, crazy all that's happened. We also had some amazing training on attitude and finding the elect, the pure blood of Israel, and then heard from all the missionaries that will be going home this transfer, always sad, and so many of my good friends are heading back now... that`s okay though, they`ll just get to continue on with missionary work at home!

One of the missionaries shared this scripture during their testimony. Isaiah 64:8. I don`t have my Bible with me right now, but you should read today. We really all are clay in Heavenly Father's hands, being molded and pressed constantly until we can become the person he wants us to be. Our whole life he works with us, never putting us down, smoothing out the scratches and bumps. and only when we`re put through trials, a burning kiln, do we come out beautiful in the end.

This is also cool, I heard yesterday at the conference, that my investigator in Akashi, got baptized on Sunday! I'm so proud of her, sad I didn't get to see it, but really in the end that doesn't matter, all that matters is that she's taken that step through the gate, and she's on her way to salvation! I`m so happy for her!

I love you all!
Love you!
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment