Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 51 - Senzokuike, Japan

Hello!

Well it seems it FINALLY may have cooled down here in Tokyo! A very welcome relief, when you spend most of your time outside trying to look somewhat presentable, but the constant heat and humidity take away all your hope of looking anything but sweaty! It's starting to get darker early to which means fall is on it's way! Oh how I love fall, and a fall in Japan, what could be better?

We got to go to the temple today! It was so nice; a quieter, slower pace than most days we've had this transfer (which by the way ends on Saturday). We have one more area left to visit: Matsudo. We'll be leaving for there tomorrow night. I've loved being able to visit all the sisters, it's been so fun. But I'm excited for next transfer when we'll be able to once again just focus on one area. Whether that will be in Senzokuike or another area that's the question. Yamada Shimai and I already know that one of us is going (President told us at the beginning of the transfer this would most likely be a 1 transfer only companionship), it's just a 50/50 chance on who goes. So we'll see!

Okay, so I figured it's been a while since I sent pictures...so here we go!

Welcome to Senzokuike!
As we visit some of the areas, not all of them are equipped to handle 4 people, wo we've found ourselves eating out of random dishes, pots, whatever. This was with the kokan with Sister Adams. Note the portion size on my chopsticks is not usual, just picture appropriate :)
Baskin Robbins---just like in the movies or cartoons, my 2 scoop icecream cone toppled over in the heat of the day :( Luckily however, I caught it in my hand and was able to stick it back on!
Sister Yamada and I today at the temple!


Anyway love you all!
Hope everything is going well!
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment