Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 71 - Senzokuike, Japan 3=3=『( ・_・)』(running man)


Hello 

How was everyone's week? Dad said the Super Bowl was this past Sunday. I forget like things like the Super Bowl happen as I'm here.

Missionary life has been good this past week. I absolutely love Sister Edstrom, we're having so much fun as we're hitting up the streets searching for people to teach. It's amazing how many miracles we've seen. I love it! I'm just trying to work so hard these last few weeks. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything I was supposed to do or anyone I was supposed to talk to while here in Senzokuike or Japan. It's like with cross country. You've run the race, you see the finish line flags, but you haven't made it across the line yet. All that's left for you to do is to dig down deep and give it your all, sprinting, pushing against all pain so that by the time you finish you have nothing left. You do this so that when you cross that line you can say honestly say you did your best and you have no regrets. That's what I want to do for my last little while here in Japan as a missionary. I want to give it my all, sprint to the end, so that when I'm done I can look back and say I've done my best, I have no regrets.

On another note, I think you will be proud of me. Why? Topic: Sushi. So most missionaries when they come to Japan have the chance to eat sushi maybe 2-3 times. It's expensive so it's not on a commonly eat list for missionaries. Somehow, however, this is not true for me. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to eat sushi on my mission. Today, was no exception. For lunch we went out to eat with some members and a potential investigator to a sushi restaurant. We received a nice big bowl of sashimi (slices of raw fish) over rice. And guess what, for the first time it wasn't horrible. No I still will not go out on my own to buy sushi, however, finally after over a year in Japan, I was able to get down a whole meal of sushi without gagging! Count that one for the record books! As we persist through hard things, miracles happen. Sometimes, it takes a month, to overcome it, sometimes a year, sometimes more. But as we persist, we can in the end overcome.

Love
Sister Erin Benne

No comments:

Post a Comment